Assists the Human Resources Department in the hiring process and in day-to-day administrative activities.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Performs mandatory pre-employment drug screening.
2. Assist in conducting employment history verification on all selected applications.
3. Checks for validity of required licenses and certifications.
4. Communicates with Hiring Managers on the status of pre-employment process for selected candidates.
5. Prepares employee badges.
6. Issues parking permits, ensures all information is entered into tracking system and is up to date.
7. Assists in collecting Credit Bureau authorization for pre-employment criminal background, credit report, and/or educational and driving record. Gives candidates a Credit Bureau Rights form. Inputs data in system and collects results.
8. Keeps meeting minutes for HR Departmental meetings.
9. Maintains the employee issued cell phone tracking system, ensures information is up to date, works with IT,
Managers, and Directors to ensure correct issuance of phones.
10. Gives information to public about how to apply for position in the organization, and helps Goodwill employees with HR related matters or directs them to the appropriate HR personnel.
11. Assists with Leave of Absence correspondence.
12. Assists in documenting HR investigations.
13. Acts as a general support to the HR department, assists in projects as needed by HR personnel.
14. Conducts weekly on-boarding, and AB 1825 testing if applicable.
15. Set-up and assigns new hires for training and access to Target Solutions.
16. Manages FMLA leave management processes.
17. Process MVR & DMV eligibility management for driving positions.
18. Enters E-verify employment authorizations.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Six months to one year of related experience.
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite, Web, E-Mail.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a CA Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance company requirements. Personal vehicle is also required.