Assures that Goodwill Facilities' parking areas and grounds are clean and safe. Activities include landscaping, maintenance and repair of irrigation systems, parking lot cleaning, and any other related activity. Must be able to drive.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
1. Maintains grounds and parking lot area in a clean and presentable way.
2. Performs landscaping activities including: trimming, fertilizing, cutting grass, etc.
3. Assists in housekeeping duties, as required.
4. Experienced in operating tools and equipment such as hand tools, power tools, landscaping tools, and testing equipment.
5. Performs preventative maintenance, repairs, and basic modifications to related areas and equipment.
6. Performs inspections and maintains checklist, logs, and reports, as required.
7. Supports Maintenance and EVS departments for special projects, as required.
8. Drives and travels to various sites throughout San Diego County.
9. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
Experience: Specific skill and experience in landscaping, maintenance of irrigation systems, plumbing, and related areas OR 2 years of GISD experience.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid CA Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to GISD’s insurance company. This position requires being able to drive a vehicle as well as ability to read maps or follow gps/navigation equipment.
Other Requirements: Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.